If your school charges tuition based on Academic Level, here's an example for you
If you haven't used an example before we recommend looking through Financial Agreement - Example - Tuition Only for a more complete walk-through of all the steps.
One of the User Filters that can be used on a User Fee in the Financial Agreement is Academic Level. In this case we are using "Academic Level 2023-2024." This allows you to charge a User Fee (Tuition in this example) to only students who are enrolled in the 2023-2024 Academic Term (based on the setting for this Financial Agreement Process) AND are in a specified Academic Level (Note both red boxes below).
In this example we have three different charges for Tuition
- K-5th Grade Tuition
- 6th-8th Grade Tuition
- 9th-12th Grade Tuition
Each one uses a similar set up, as follows:
Name: 9th -12th Grade Tuition. This is the name the Admin sees when working with the Financial Agreement (internal use only for you)
Line Item Name: Tuition. This name will be shown on agreements and invoices.
Amount: $8000.00. An example annual tuition amount.
Account Category: Tuition. The amount will be invoiced to the selected Account Category.
The User Filters and Family Filters are used to narrow down the relevant customers that will be charged this fee.
- Check the box for "Apply User Filters to this Fee"
- Click the Green "Add a Filter" box
- Click "Create Advanced Filter"
- Click in the "Select a Property to add a rule for" box and select the User Info Form field desired. In this example, select "Academic Level: 2023-2024"
- you will use "is Equal to" and the first applicable Academic level ("9th Grade")
- Add Condition
- select "OR", "is Equal to", and "10th Grade"
- continue adding conditions until complete with "12th Grade"
- click "Save"