This article describes how to view and add homework to a specific section as an Admin.
As an admin, you have the ability of viewing and adding homework for the students within your sections. Homework assignments are visible to students and allow for easy online submissions. You can set homework to be visible just for guardians or for both students and guardians, however you cannot set homework to be visible just for students.
Note: As an Admin you have the option to rename the term "Homework". Some common alternative names for "Homework" are "Assignments" and "Coursework".
- Sign in to your Admin ClassReach account.
- Navigate to the Courses tab at the top of your screen.
- Use the left hand side bar to locate the course to which you would like to add the section’s homework.
- Click on the course.
- The Sections for this course will load in the right of the window.
- Click on the section to which you would like to add the homework.
- Click Homework under View Class Info.
- This will display the homework for the section.
- Click the +Homework button at the top right of the screen.
- Name: This will be the title and how it will appear to the student and within the Gradebook.
- Description: If you have details about the homework, such as the subject for an essay, you can put them here.
- Upload Files for Homework: If you have a document that is associated with the homework, you can upload it here.
- Select Grade Category: This will tell the ClassReach system the weight this grade has when calculating grade reports and transcripts.
- Hide from Students: If you are not sharing the grades with the class at this time, this will allow you to hide the grade.
- Start Date: Usually teachers/admins put this as the day the assignment was given.
- Due Date: This is the date you would like the homework turned in, it is also the date that the homework will appear in the student’s agenda.
- Extra Credit: Extra credit will be calculated in grade reports and transcripts.
Important Note: Remember to put in Points Earned. If you are offering 5 extra points and put in the percentage (100) the system will calculate it as 100 extra points.
- Points Possible: This is the total number of points that can be earned for the assignment.
- Submissions Allowed: If you would like the students to be able to upload a document for this homework, you can indicate that here.
- Display in Calendar: If you would like the homework to appear on the students’ calendars, you can indicate that here.
- Additional Sections: If you would like to copy this homework into other sections, you can input those here.
- Once all relevant fields are complete, click Save.