This example adds a discount to your Financial Agreement that is a Per User Discount based on multiple students in one family
This discount uses the "User Range Restriction" filter to only apply this discount to the 2nd student in the family and each student after that (Two or more).
In the Financial Agreement, create a “Per User Discount” called “Two or more students."
Next are the details for that discount. This discount applies a "Flat Amount" of $100 to each applicable student's Tuition charge. The Account Categories field determines which charges get the discount. Under "Additional Filters" select "Apply a user range restriction to this discount." There are two options to select with this filter:
- Minimum Applicable User - this is the first sequential student (user) in this agreement that will qualify for this discount
- Maximum Applicable User -this is the last sequential student (user) in this agreement that will qualify for this discount
So, how do we determine the first sequential student and the last sequential student? The sequence of the students in each family is determined by the "Order Users By" and "Order Users From" buttons (circled in red below). In certain discount situations, these choices make a big difference in calculations.
- Order Users By Academic Level and Order User From High to Low - puts the students in the family in order from the highest Academic level to the lowest (12th, 11th, 10th, 9th, ...)
- Order Users By Academic Level and Order User From Low to High - puts the students in the family in order from the lowest Academic level to the highest (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ...)
- Order Users by Calculated Total orders students in the family by their total charges against each student, whether high/low or low/high.
In this example, we put a 2 in the Minimum Applicable User field and no value in the Maximum Applicable User field. This will apply the discount to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ... students in a family.